Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery is also called laparoscopic cholecystectomy. It is a surgical procedure using a laparoscope (a thin tube with a tiny camera on its end) to remove the gallbladder. It is a minimally invasive procedure, and few small cuts are needed to be made as compared to the traditional procedure where the gall bladder was needed to be exposed to remove it by making more and larger cuts. Most people can go home on the same day after some hours of observation and monitoring.
But is it a costly affair? And do its benefits outweigh its cost? Let us know more about laparoscopic gall bladder surgery, candidates who need it, its benefits, and the laparoscopic gall bladder treatment cost.
Who needs laparoscopic gall bladder surgery?
Gall bladder laparoscopic surgery is needed when pain and infection develop from gallstones, crystals, or stone-like structures formed in the gall bladder. They may obstruct the flow of bile juice produced by the gallbladder. These stones may also move to other body parts and cause problems. Gall bladder surgery may be needed for other conditions like:
- Inflammation of the gall bladder,
- Trauma to the gall bladder,
- Poorly functioning gall bladder,
- Gall bladder cancer.
These conditions may result in symptoms like:
- Bloated feeling,
- Pain at the right side of the abdomen reaching the back of the shoulder.
How is the laparoscopic gall bladder removal procedure performed?
For the gall bladder stone laparoscopic surgery, the following steps will be done: in
- You will receive anesthesia to make you sleep.
- Then your doctor will place a tube down your throat to aid breathing.
- A tiny tube will also be placed in your arm to give medications.
- Your surgeon will make tiny cuts in your abdomen and insert thin hollow tubes into these cuts.
- Your doctor will then put a laparoscope into the tubes.
- Sometimes carbon dioxide gas is pumped into your abdomen to make it easier to see the surgical site.
- Using various surgical tools, your surgeon will detach the gall bladder and thus remove it.
- The cuts will be closed with the help of stitches.
The procedure will take approximately an hour or two, and you may go home the same day once you are out of the anesthetic effect. Your surgeon will observe you for a few hours and check your heart, breathing, blood pressure, and ability to urinate.
What are the benefits of the Laparoscopic gall bladder removal procedure?
Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery has many benefits compared the conventional surgery, as it is a minimally invasive procedure:
- There will be lesser and smaller cuts.
- You can expect a quicker recovery.
- low risk of complications.
- Smaller scars will be formed.
- You can go home on the same day, or maybe a day of hospital stay would be there.
- Early resumption of regular activities can be done.
What can you expect after the laparoscopic gall bladder removal surgery?
After the procedure is completed, you may expect the following:
- You may feel some discomfort and pain on the surgical site.
- You may also feel nauseated, but the doctor will prescribe medications that will relieve most of these temporary symptoms.
- Sore throat and shoulder pain may persist for a few days.
- Within a week, you can expect recovery to a large extent.
- Avoid heavy exercises for around 2 weeks after the surgery.
- There are not many restrictions on a diet, but it is best to avoid fatty, greasy, processed, and sugary food to avoid gas, bloating, and diarrhea and consume foods with high fiber, rich in vitamins, and antioxidants like beans, lentils, peas, oats, barley, raw nuts, sprouts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, kale, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, oranges, berries, etc.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
What is the cost of a laparoscopic gall bladder removal procedure?
The laparoscopic gall bladder surgery cost is affordable and cheaper as compared to conventional surgery but varies depending upon a lot of factors like:
- The hospital where the procedure is performed: The cost varies depending upon the region, city, or area where the facility or hospital is located
- The severity of the condition and size of the gall stones: Depending upon how severe your condition is and the ease of removal of the gall bladder affects its cost.
- Surgeon’s credentials: More experienced and qualified surgeons will be a little costlier but will be worth it.
- Urgency: Emergency situation calls for emergency care and thus entails more cost due to additional services like emergency room charges and some additional diagnostic procedures and tests.
- If it is covered under insurance: Depending upon your policy, if they cover a part or the entire procedural costs, your expenses will vary.
- Additional costs: Add-on costs like anesthesia charges, surgeon’s fees, medication charges, Investigations charges, pathologist’s charges, etc., will affect the total costs.
On average, laparoscopic gall bladder removal ranges between INR 40,000 and INR 60,000 but varies with each case.
Talk to your surgeon to get the exact cost for your procedure, depending upon your conditions.
Visit Handa Nursing Home for the best laparoscopic gall bladder treatment in Delhi NCR, led by the top team of board-certified doctors performing the surgeries. The clinic is equipped with the latest state of art technology and facilities, which facilitates quality outcomes and speedier recovery with minimal side effects.
Handa Nursing Home places patient safety and satisfaction as a top priority; therefore, strict hygiene and infection control norms are being followed. Here you will be assured world-class care in a friendly and comfortable environment with outstanding results and the highest success rates.
- Why Is My Stomach Bigger After Gallbladder Surgery?
- Gallbladder Disease And Its Symptoms: Understanding When Surgery Is Necessary
- How Much Does Laparoscopic Surgery Cost In Delhi?
- Gallbladder Stones – Causes, Treatment & Surgery
- Foods To Eat And Avoid During The Recovery Period After Gallbladder Surgery
- Can Gallbladder Removal Surgery Cause Digestive Problems?
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery in Delhi